HB Bakery Connection
PO Box 733
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
To make sure your gifts are memorable in a good way and appropriate, we have compiled some basic gift giving etiquette from the oldest and most established
Telecake Cake Delivery Service since 1987!
Congratulate: a new promotion, a new baby, a wedding, the opening of a new office, the completion of a major project, meeting a deadline.
Celebrate: a birthday, a business or personal anniversary, a holiday, a retirement, a new job, a successful project or proposal.
Motivate: for difficult personal or business goal, an unpleasant task, boring work, problem solving, coming up with an idea.
Promote: yourself, your product and services, colleagues, referrals for new business.
Thank: for business, hard work, extra help, working overtime, opening doors for you.
Cheer: during a serious illness or hospitalization, when a deal falls through.
Apologize: for missing an important meeting or deadline.
1. Giving gifts year round to reward performance, results and to motivate, will have more impact than simply waiting to do so at the end of the year, where your gift will compete with many others.
2. Do not drop your gift program because of a weak economy. Your team needs the most motivation when times are bad.
3. Set goals for gift giving. Do you want to recognize employees? Thank customers for their business? Celebrate a company anniversary or milestone? Do not start giving unless you have a clear goal.
4. Make sure that the recipient's company policy allows gift acceptance. If that is a concern, send items that can be shared within the office such as: gourmet gift basket, industry trade magazine subscriptions, charity donations etc.
5. Find time to find meaningful, thoughtful gifts that fit the recipient. Do not assume that everyone likes things that you like. Keep in mind cultural, dietary and religious restrictions. Gifts should not be lavish or very expensive, but appropriate, timely and of good quality.
6. What you give is a reflection on you and your organization, so avoid sending inappropriate, tasteless, offensive gifts.
7. Try to include a personal note with every gift you send. Use a custom card and state briefly your purpose for sending the gift, offering your best wishes. A custom designed note card (4x6) will cost you around $99 for 500 but it will be highly appreciated.
8. Deliver gifts in person when you can, otherwise send gifts priority or express mail.
9. Consider the presentation since the first impressions are always important. Even expensive items might not have the effects you expect them to if they are presented in a tasteless way. Consider adding your company's logo on the paper and ribbon.